Many of us prefer to treat coughs and colds at home. However, there are cases when the cough should not be ignored. Public health service of Britain has warned that about 80,000 Britons may be suffering from cancer of the lungs not knowing it. Doctors urged people suffering from prolonged cough, do not delay a visit to the hospital.
Doctors announced four symptom that cannot be ignored:
1. Cough lasts more than three weeks.
2. Together with phlegm allocated blood, saliva or mucus.
3. During the cough starts to hurt the shoulder or under the shoulder blade.
4. You tested shortness of breath.
If you have any of the above symptoms, it is important not to dismiss them, and to tell your doctor about it.
- What is a dry cough and why it may be delayed