Strawberries have taken a worthy place in the food industry, cosmetics, folk medicine. Due to its composition it has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, has a General healing effect on the body, helps to normalize metabolism and to establish the function of internal organs, writes likar.info.
Substances included in the composition of strawberries, endow it with unique nutritional and medicinal properties. This berry contains 85% of water. In the rest it is composed of saccharide, vitamin C, vitamins of group b, carotene, folic acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium, iron, zinc. In addition, strawberry contains organic acids (malic and salicylic), cellulose, pectins.
Strawberries have low caloric content. So, in 100 g of berries contains a total of 30.7 kcal.
How useful strawberry
– A means to combat vitamin deficiency. After the winter-spring period, many familiar with the problem of lack of vitamins. Regularly eating strawberries in the season of this fruit, you replenish the body with vitamin C which is essential for strengthening the immune system. Folic acid (vitamin B9), which is also rich in strawberries, necessary for the prevention of cardiovascular and skin diseases;
– Improves metabolism. Vitamins, fruit acids and carbohydrates that do not strain the insular apparatus of the pancreas, contribute to the improvement of metabolic processes in the body;
– Normalizes bowel function and detoxifies the body. As a source of polysaccharides and organic acids strawberries helps to normalize the composition of intestinal microflora. They also help to bind and excrete toxins, heavy metals. It contained pectin is effective against constipation;
– Helps to lose weight. Strawberries promotes the breakdown of fat and normalization of blood sugar levels. In addition, this berry – low-calorie product that is suitable for fasting days.
– Revitalizes the cardiovascular system. Due to the content of salicylic acid in strawberries also thins the blood and prevents the formation of clots. This reduces the load on the heart. Vitamin C, potassium, fiber and polyphenols inhibit the absorption of cholesterol in the intestine, which is also important for the normal operation of vessels;
– Mild diaphoretic and febrifuge. These properties also has strawberries with salicylic acid content so it can be used during colds and viral infections to reduce the temperature of the body;
– Improves mood and overall tone. Aromatic substances contained in strawberries stimulate the release of serotonin, improving mood. And antioxidant fisetin improves memory and mental activity;
– Prevention and treatment of diseases of the thyroid gland. Strawberry has a positive effect on the metabolism of iodine;
– Affects the sexual sphere. The zinc contained in berries has an impact on hormone testosterone that regulates sexual desire. Also beneficial to sexual function and affects the content in strawberries antioxidants;
– Benefits for the skin. Natural beauty masks made from strawberries, whiten skin, make it elastic, help to get rid of acne due to the antiseptic properties, have an exfoliating action.
“The flip side of” strawberry
To useful berry is not turned into harmful, do not hurry to eat the first strawberry, which appears on markets in late spring. The first berries are often processed with chemicals that have accelerated their maturation. Better to wait for the natural season of ripening strawberries.
Who needs to be careful with strawberries
Despite the many useful properties, which has strawberries, some people still need to limit its use, or even to abandon it.
First of all, you need to remember that strawberries belong to the products-allergens. For Allergy sufferers, small children and pregnant women need to be careful to this berry.
Strawberries can aggravate the condition of those who suffer from peptic ulcer or gastritis, as the seeds of this fruit and it contains acid irritate the stomach.
In diseases of the joints is allowed to eat the strawberries in limited quantities, as it can lead to greater arthritic pain.
Those who take antihypertensive drugs based on enalapril, should also be careful with strawberries. It contains substances in combination with medication increase the burden on the kidneys.
The strawberry season is short. To eat this fruit with the health benefits as long as possible, it is possible to freeze or dry.