The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine today, March 29, approved the concept of reforming the State fiscal service (GFS). About it reports a press-Department service.
The Ministry stresses that the reform was developed taking into account recommendations of the international partners of Ukraine, in particular the International monetary Fund (IMF), Customs and border protection service U.S. Department of the Treasury and European Commission. Furthermore, when developing was used by a number of international instruments, namely the customs to EU standards (Customs Blueprints) and consolidated fiscal standards of the EU (Fiscal Blueprints).
Why is it important?
The Finance Ministry hopes that reforms to increase the confidence of taxpayers, making the reform of the SFS open and effective.
“This was developed for a comprehensive document that provides for long-term and comprehensive vision for the development of Fiscal services. The concept is the basis for the preparation of detailed action plan for its implementation”, – noted in the Ministry of Finance.
The concept provides concrete steps that need to be made in the customs and tax unit the unit of the SFS, including:
- introduction of the Institute of Authorized economic operators;
- the introduction of uniform standards for determining the customs value, classification of goods;
- information exchange with foreign customs administrations;
- developing solutions for blocking the risk of customs operations;
- balance procedures at the stage of customs clearance and post-customs control;
- the implementation of the requirements of the Tax code and implementing a fully functional “electronic account of the payer”;
- improving the performance of the services and payers;
- the implementation of a full risk based approach to audit;
- the extension of the electronic Desk audits and reduction of documentary checks;
- the signing of the agreement on automatic exchange of financial information;
- strengthening control functions of the TP by increasing the number and competence of relevant personnel;
- monitoring of effectiveness of consideration by courts of disputes, the procedure of administrative appeal, and others;
- the regular assessment of satisfaction of business level of the SFS;
- the formation of the image of GFS as a professional and service organ.
“Today is also the first step in the implementation of this concept. We are talking about the reorganization of SFS in two stages. In the first stage, changing the organizational structure of the customs (1 may) by liquidation of legal entities at the regional level, with the goal of centralizing functions. So, from the current 27 customs remains one centralized customs. At the regional level provides for the establishment of representative offices of the Central customs with a view to facilitate administrative procedures and oversight. Accordingly, at the district level remain customs posts, which are directly subject to the Central customs”, – stated in the Ministry of Finance.
In particular, as for the SFS, the district STI will be liquidated as a legal entity and will remain the Centers of service of payers that will provide exclusively service functions.
“At the second stage (1 January 2018) in the tax vertical will be liquidated legal entity at the regional level and Interregional created glavnoe UPRAVLENIE GFS”, – stated in the message of the Ministry of Finance.
Over the next two weeks will be approved a new internal organizational structure of GFS. Make the SFS and the Ministry of Finance, in consultation with the IMF.
There will be recruitment of new staff in the Central office of the SFS and to leadership positions in local bodies.
This week also will establish a joint interagency office to coordinate the reform in the Finance Ministry and the SFS.
To implement the reform in the life plan with international technical assistance.