The national Bank of Ukraine (NBU) welcomed the adoption by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine in the second reading and in General bill No. 4121 on the introduction of electronic ticketing in public transport.
“NBU sees the adoption of this bill strategically important step towards the implementation of сashless economy in Ukraine, because the calculations in transport is the most mass calculations, where the payment funds involved cash. The introduction of an automated accounting system of payment of journey in city passenger transport will also give the calculations of the convenience and ease will allow the use of modern high-tech payment instruments”, – said the NBU.
In addition, the bill No. 4121 provides:
- the introduction of an automated accounting system provided transportation services;
- transparency of payments to carriers;
- effective planning of routes and schedules of passenger transport;
- improve the profitability of transport companies and upgrading their rolling stock;
- improving road safety, because drivers are now more to monitor the situation on the road, not to sell tickets.
As reported, the Verkhovna Rada adopted in the second reading and the whole act No. 4121 “On amendments to some legislative acts of Ukraine regarding the implementation of the automated accounting system of payment of journey in city passenger transport”. The law provides for the introduction of an automated accounting system for fare payment and e-ticket.