Russia interfered in the Brexit referendum in the Netherlands, elections in Germany and France, politician says
It would be strange and unacceptable, if Russia sat at the table of the “Big seven”. Russia should sit in the Hague and not at the G7 meeting, said the Chairman of the Kyiv security forum, the Prime Minister of Ukraine (2014-2016) Arseniy Yatsenyuk during the discussion of the KSE on 5 June.
The politician stressed that it is absolutely clear that Russia is violating the international order: “it is Quite clear that Russia illegally annexed Crimea and sent its proxies in Donetsk and Lugansk. There is no doubt that Russian mercenaries shot down MH-17. There is no doubt that Russian special agents were trying to kill British citizens on the territory of the United Kingdom in Salisbury”. This is a very dOlga history – both open and secret operations of Russia against the West and against Ukraine”.
“It is quite clear who interfered in the elections in the United States, the Russian Federation. Clearly, who intervened in the Brexit referendum in the Netherlands, German elections, French elections – is the Russian Federation”, – he stressed.
The Chairman KSE said that the idea of Russia – those who support Ukraine in the United States, was silent: “But Russia wants those who “bought” the lies about Ukraine or interventionse Ukraine to elections in the United States, said in full voice”.
“Russia wants to undermine our unity. They want to push their own narrative”, he stressed.
Part of the Russian scenario Yatsenyuk called the attempts to accuse Ukraine of violating the Minsk agreements, that is, to shift the blame on Ukraine, blaming the victim rather than the aggressor.
According to him, now is the time of serious challenges to us-Ukrainian bilateral relations: “Heat the stronger we are, the stronger you are. And Vice versa. It’s a win-win situation for both our countries. And Russia wants to make her bezvyigryshnayaOh for us – both for Ukraine and for the United States”.
After these tests, said Yatsenyuk, Ukraine and the United States have only become stronger: “We expect and look forward to Dujardinth support. The American people must always know that Ukraine and Ukrainians have great respect and reverence to US, to his people and to the leaders of the United States”.
We will remind, during an online discussion KBF former adviser to the US President said, as Russia interfered in the elections in the States
. Russia stole emails and throw dirt on undesirable candidates, says Celeste Wallander.
The theme of the online discussions KBF organized by the Fund of Arseniy Yatsenyuk “Open Ukraine”: “Ukraine – USA: we want to be heard”.
The participants of the conversation:
- U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine in 2003-2006, Director of the Eurasia center of the Atlantic Council John Herbst
- Advisor to the President of the United States for European and Eurasian Affairs in the years 2013-2017, the Deputy Minister of defense for Ukraine, Russia and Eurasia in 2009-2012 Celeste Wallander
- U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine in 1998-2000, senior researcher, Stanford University Steven Pifer
- U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine from 2006 to 2009 and chargé d’affaires of the USA in Ukraine in 2019-2020, Vice-President of the Us Institute of peace William Taylor
- the Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on issues of Ukraine’s integration with the European Union Ivanna klympush-Tsintsadze
- journalist and publicist Vitaly Portnikov
- the moderator of the discussion, the Deputy Minister of foreign Affairs of Ukraine (2014), member of the Board of the Foundation “Open Ukraine” Danylo Lubkivsky