Finance Minister Oleksandr danyliuk told about the main priorities of the future budget for 2018. He spoke about it in Parliament during Hour of questions to the government.
Danyluk said, the crafted offices of the funds for the next year.
- Defence and security. “Expenses – 5% of GDP, or about 160 billion . Important not only the level of financing, but reform of the army”, – he said.
- Diplomacy. “The role of diplomacy becomes extremely important in the context of a hybrid of aggression and reorientation of the economy to new markets”, – said danyluk. According to him, will allocate 4.5 billion of the money will go to upholding the public interest and in the world, improving the country’s image.
- Social protection. It is planned to allocate UAH 133 billion, which “will be focused on targeted subsidies”.
- Salary and cost of living. The last point will increase by 9%, the Minimum salary since January 1, will increase to 3 723 UAH.
- Education. From the budget in 2018 will provide 218 billion. The salaries of the teachers in 2018 will grow by 25%. “This should be an integral part of education reform. But also needs the implementation of the adopted law on the reform of education,” danyluk said.
- Culture. According to him, the government has left residual principle of financing of this sector.
- Health. Spending on this sector has increased by 11% and amount to 114 billion UAH. The Minister urged Parliament to approve madrepora.
- Agro-industrial complex and farming will receive 7.3 billion UAH. “The money will be spent on development of agriculture”, – said danyluk.
- Infrastructure and energy efficiency. The draft budget provides for UAH 44 billion plus UAH 5.4 billion by international donors. Energy efficiency will be supported by UAH 800 million plus the same amount from international donors.
The Minister during his speech in Parliament called for the adoption of pension reform. Among the main areas danyluk called the institutional reform of the State fiscal service (GFS) and the start of the financial investigation Service.
- Ukraine will be easier to pay debts – expert
As stated by the first Deputy Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on budget, Vasiliy’chenko, the most controversial are the indicators of inter-budgetary relations, in particular the granting to local budgets of the authority to implement exemptions for housing without compensation.
Amelchenko said that in the same way this year the local budgets to work with benefits of travel “and there are still many problematic issues.”
Also, the Deputy head of the Committee called among the controversial points of the draft budget, the financing of educational institutions, construction and repair of roads and reducing medical subventions to local budgets.
- The Cabinet approved the budget resolution with the dollar at UAH 27,2
“The revenue part of the draft is written taking into account the indexation of some taxes and raising excise taxes to the EU level. This means that the implementation of the budget revenues depends on the adoption of appropriate legislation,” said Amelchenko that tax changes will be.
As noted at the end of the presentation of the budget-2018 speaker of the Verkhovna Rada Andriy Parubiy, is now working with the document passes by the parliamentary Committee. As you know, according to the Budget code, until October 20, the Verkhovna Rada should hold the first, and until 20 November – second reading.
- The budget of Ukraine and the adoption process: what you need to know
The draft budget for the year 2018, the Cabinet introduced to the Parliament on 15 September. As previously reported, the Prime Minister of Ukraine Volodymyr Groisman, the project envisages the growth of the gross domestic product (GDP) by 3%.
The document also provides for the deceleration of inflation to 7% from 11% expected by year-end 2017, and reducing the budget deficit to 2.4% of GDP from 2.7% of GDP by the end of this year.
Revenues to the consolidated budget are expected to reach 1 trillion 118,8 billion, which is 14.9% more than expected at the end of 2017.