If you want to live a long healthy life, try to apply some tips of centenarians from different parts of the Earth, concerning habits and nutrition.
The famous American traveler and writer Dan Buettner, along with a group of researchers from the National geographic society for more than ten years of five places on Earth where people live the longest and where a very low percentage of heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and obesity. It was a very interesting project from National Geographic.
After the trip, Dan Buettner wrote a book called “Blue zones in practice”, in which he described the characteristics of each location and where are the centenarians. Thus he pays special attention to the nutritional status of these people. Here are some tips, which he agreed to share.
What can I eat
Include in your daily diet at least three products: legumes (beans, chickpeas, lentils), greens (spinach, Kale, chard, fennel), sweet potatoes, nuts, olive oil (preferably cold pressed), oats, barley cereals, fruits (any), green and herbal tea, and turmeric.
The best drinks
- Green tea;
- Red wine (no more than two glasses a day).
What should not eat in large quantities
- Dairy products: cheese, cream, butter;
- Sugar (really try to abandon it: it is better to eat honey and fruits);
- Bread (preference for whole grain bread and bread from dough bread starter).
Foods that should be avoided
- Drinks high in sugar (soda, juices);
- Salty snacks (chips, crackers);
- Meat products (sausage, sausage, smoked meat);
- Sweets (cookies, chocolate).
- Every day move (e.g. walk);
- Communicate more, especially with family;
- Know why you get up in the morning. It was discovered that an awareness of purpose adds seven years to life expectancy;
- It was found that attending religious services four times a month (it does not matter what your religion) adds to life of four to 14 years.
- Choose one life partner. This can add up to three years to life expectancy.
- Try to sleep eight hours.
- Sex: 80% of the residents of the island Ikaria between the ages of 65 to 100 years old still have sex. It has been proven that it prolongs life.