In Ukraine, sharply responded to the intersection of the ex-Governor of Odessa region Mikheil Saakashvili Polish-Ukrainian border, promising him a fair punishment.
Representatives of the Ukrainian authorities believe the illegal actions of Saakashvili and his colleagues and all the supporters who helped him to get to Ukraine. Even marked the moment when the guards had the right to use weapons at the checkpoint, “Shengjin”, but didn’t.
What they say in Ukraine
- The President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko: “In my opinion, this incident absolutely does not require any political commentary. We should comment and we will comment on this issue exclusively in the legal field. Absolutely a crime. There is a constitutional principle of the inviolability of the state border. It is a matter of national security. I don’t care who violates the state border or the rebels in the East, or politicians in the West. Should be a very clear legal responsibility. I think that our guards, which is best proven during the anti-terrorist operation, was correct in not using weapons, the use of which they had every right. Leave politics to politicians, and crime – the police, prosecutors and the court. I hope this gentleman at a certain time will be the same and with the same eagerness to get to Georgia, as he tried to get to Ukraine”.
- The Minister of internal Affairs Arsen Avakov: “Each character, from those who took part in breaking the boundary and attack on police and border guards, will be “ofiice” installed and shall be punished by the law. Saakashvili and all illegally crossed the border, we need to choose from two options: to arrive at the checkpoint “Shegini” and complete the registration procedure and/or to arrive at the FMS. A provocation took place. There was no blood – good… But the price of all this was too high.”
- Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman: “Power breakthrough of the Ukrainian border is a crime, and those who are involved in the organization of this breakthrough, should be held accountable. Especially hard must be responsibility for those who allow themselves to humiliate and raised a hand to the guys who protect our nation and its borders. In my opinion, this is the beginning of another attack of some of our politicians against the Ukrainian state. I’m not going to say anything about Miho Saakashvili, he has his own goals and their own motives. I’m talking about our politicians-populists, who act according to the principle the worse the better”.
- Prosecutor General Yury Lutsenko: “the Law demands to bring to justice those who organized the illegal crossing of the border, led by such actions or contributed to by councils or actions. It will be done. How will be assessed and actions of government institutions in the course of today’s events. The only way to resolve disputes about the legality of the actions of the authorities against the court and the power scenario to resolve the issue – “a precedent for supporters Zakharchenko, Yanukovych, Klimenko, anyone who gather a couple of thousands of activists.”
- People’s Deputy, the adviser to the interior Minister Anton Gerashchenko: “the Main aim of the provocateurs, protyvvseh illegally the state border of Ukraine, was to achieve a bloodshed, accompanied by scenes of brutal violence by law enforcement officers. This purpose of the provocateurs was not achieved. Five border guards and 11 police officers were injured during a breakout group of provocateurs led by Mikheil Saakashvili through the checkpoint “shehyni”.
As you know, September 10, at about 20:00 Saakashvili still managed to break into the territory of Ukraine, using the help of several hundred activists. The crowd broke through the ranks of guards at the checkpoint “shehyni” and had a policy in Ukraine.
In the course of events at “shehyni” injured 11 security forces. The police have already made information on the fact of breaking the boundaries of Saakashvili in the Unified register of pre-judicial investigations under article 332 “Illegal transportation of persons through the state border of Ukraine”. Article provides imprisonment for the term from three to seven years, if these actions committed on preliminary arrangement by group of persons.