Many people believe that drinking alcohol is a way to relieve emotional stress, to relax and cheer up. Few people think about what even a small dose of alcohol may be a poison to the human body. According to statistics, more than 50% of deaths as a result of poisoning comes when alcohol poisoning and its surrogates. It is therefore very important to provide timely assistance to a person intoxicated of alcohol-containing beverages, writes myfamilydoctor.ru.
Signs of alcohol poisoning:
- the lack of self-criticism and re-evaluation of their capacity (person does not recognize that drunk and continues to drink);
- violation of coordination of movements, impairment of attention;
- loud, incoherent and unclear speech;
- the emancipation of the instincts that are controlled in a sober state;
- slow pulse – less than 60 beats per minute;
- facial flushing, increased sweating;
- nausea and vomiting.
If you do not stop drinking alcohol, the symptoms of poisoning are aggravated. The person loses consciousness, it decreases the body’s temperature, constricts the pupils. Possibly involuntary urination and defecation, copious vomiting. In this state, impaired activity of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems. The victims quickens the heartbeat, it becomes thready (poorly detectable), breathing becomes noisy. Perhaps the abundant secretion of saliva and mucus, sometimes in the form of foam.
- The brain automatically considers expensive wine more delicious – the results of the experiment
First aid for alcohol poisoning
When the first signs of alcohol poisoning should wash the affected stomach. With this purpose, you need to call intoxicated person vomiting. If he is conscious, you should drink several glasses of boiled water at room temperature and mechanically provoke an attack of vomiting.
After gastric lavage poisoned to drink sweet tea with lemon, coffee or milk and take activated charcoal (one tablet for every 10 pounds of body weight). The victim must be warm to the feet and hands warm heating pad.
If the person is unconscious, you should immediately call the ambulance.
How to prevent alcohol poisoning
- you should not drink alcohol on an empty stomach;
- before the meal, you can eat a sandwich with butter or lard;
- you cannot lower the strength of the drink and mix alcohol;
- it is not necessary to drink alcohol carbonated beverages;
- the room must be ventilated, especially at a large gathering of people;
- it is not recommended to smoke;
- before intake of alcohol and during a party you can take a drug to prevent alcohol intoxication.
Severe alcohol poisoning treated in the toxicology Department where the patient is examined by a toxicologist, emergency physician and neurologist. After repeated abuse of alcohol, especially teenagers, need to consult a psychiatrist.