Our ancestors took sleep a long time because their circadian rhythm depended on sunrise and sunset. Today we have artificial light, which allows you to extend the period of wakefulness and, therefore, reduce the sleep time. And although the requirements in sleep for each organism individually, many experts insist that a healthy sleep should last about nine hours a day. There are a few useful tips how to sleep, misleading fakty.ictv.ua.
- Don’t eat before bedtime. If you eat before bed, the body energized, and activates the muscles of the stomach. These factors prevent you from sleeping. It is best to eat for 2-3 hours prior to sleep.
- Take a shower a few hours before going to bed. Be sure to dry hair before you go to bed.
- Do not watch TV and not sit at the computer. Research scientists have shown that watching television slows down the process of falling asleep.
- Before you go to bed, try to calm down and relax. To do this, read a book or add an entry in the diary about your day. But if you try to perform a full to-do list, your brain will continue to work after you go to bed.
- Change into pajamas. If you will be cold, then put the robe on, and if hot, you can sleep either in underwear or naked.
- Identify what helps you to sleep well. Understand how to be the light in the room, what should be the temperature, etc. Create a comfortable environment in the bedroom.
- Wash your face and brush your teeth and go to the bathroom.
- Before going to sleep is make a list of tasks for tomorrow. Thus, your brain will stop thinking about what will happen tomorrow.
- Adjust the lighting so that you feel comfortable.
- Take a comfortable position in bed. Try to make it so that you can be still and warm.
- Set the alarm for the correct time and volume.
- Get busy, which does not cause noise.
- Make a soothing playlist. Quiet and fast music will help to set the desired mood.
What to do after you turn off the lights
- Think only about the good. Can counting sheep
- Take a comfortable body position. Think about what you have achieved or want to achieve.
- Relax and tell yourself that quickly fall asleep. Do not let the thoughts in his head.
Method of falling asleep in one minute “4-7-8”
1. Calmly inhale through your nose for 4 seconds.
2. To hold your breath for 7 seconds.
3. Then slowly exhale through your mouth for 8 seconds.
How does the 4-7-8 method
When you feel stress or anxiety, the amount of adrenaline in your blood increases and breathing becomes rapid and shallow. The technique of “4-7-8” acts as a sedative. The breath with a slow exhale inevitably slows the heart rate.
Also, this practice soothes your mind. Just because you need to consider and focus on your breathing. At this point you don’t realize it, but your Central nervous system will gradually settle down and the anxiety to leave. The effectiveness of this technique will confirm any neurologist.
As a result, your whole body relaxes. The rapidity and strength of effect this campaign to anesthesia.
The study of this method has been the doctor of medical Sciences from Harvard Andrew Weil. He found that the practice “4-7-8” for several centuries many famous Indian yogis. They used it during their meditation to achieve total relaxation. So it can be considered absolutely safe.