Average interest rates on Bank deposits in Ukraine fell. About it reports LigaBusinessInform.
The average interest rate in local currency as a fall in deposits over the year (by 0.12 PP to 13.20%). Cheaper and contributions for the period 6 to 12 months (by 0.01 p. p. to 13.27% per annum).
The average interest rate in U.S. dollars fell by 0.06 percentage points for deposits with term from 1 to 3 months and is of 1.66% per annum. Contributions for a period of 3 to 6 months fell in price by 0.03 percentage points to 2.78% per annum.
Simultaneously lower the yield of savings for a period of 6 to 12 months over 12 months (by 0.02 p. p. to 2.59% to 3.85% per annum, respectively).
The average interest rate in the Euro dropped for deposits for a period of 3 to 6 months (by 0.05 percentage points to 1.81 per cent per annum). Savings period from 6 to 12 months fell by 0.03 percentage points to 2.58% per annum.
Average interest rates on deposits at 10.07.17
up to a month
from 1 to 3 months
from 3 to 6 months
from 6 to 12 months
1.66 per cent
3.59% of the
0.86% of the
We will remind, according to statistics of the National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) after a long period of inflow of deposits of Ukrainians still have started to withdraw money from banks. This phenomenon, according to financial experts, there are several reasons:
- seasonality: money off for vacation, repairs/construction, education, etc.;
- the recent easing of rules of a conclusion of money abroad;
- the growth of prices for goods and services for which people have to actively spend their savings.
- the decrease in Bank interest rates on deposits, which lowered the yield of deposits below the level of actual inflation.
- the intensification of the speculative mood of the population: people are more likely to convert their savings into different currencies, trying to win on the difference in rates and interest rates on deposits.