11 people died in the explosion in the subway in St. Petersburg is the search for the perpetrators of the attack, said the National antiterrorist Committee (NAC) of the Russian Federation.
“As a result of the explosion, according to the revised data, 11 people were killed, 45 injured are in hospitals. In the framework of the investigative action carried out to establish all circumstances of this crime, the search for the perpetrators and organizers of terrorist attack, as well as accomplices of the criminals”, – is spoken in the message of the NAC.
The text notes that the experts of the Ministry of health has taken steps to provide necessary medical and psychological aid to victims of the explosion and their families.
“At the station “Ploshchad Rebellion” was discovered and promptly neutralized a suspicious object caught by an improvised explosive device filled striking elements and ready to use. This allowed to prevent the Commission of another serious crimes with human victims”, – stated in the message.
Currently, special services and law enforcement agencies continue to promptly take steps to detect and prevent possible terrorist threats, according to the text.
“The operational headquarters koordiniruyutsya activities of first responders, security agencies and law enforcement. Authorities and local self-government carry out the necessary measures to maintain order and stabilize the socio-political situation in the city”, – stated in the text.
On suspicion in preparation of explosions in the subway of St. Petersburg declared wanted by two people. This was reported by a source in law enforcement bodies.
“On suspicion in preparation of explosions in search announced two people: one of them – who laid subsequently triggered an explosive device in a subway car, and the second left a bomb at the station “Ploschad Vosstaniya” – said the source.
He recalled that the second explosive device disguised as a fire extinguisher had been cleared.
Meanwhile, St. Petersburg has already identified the three killed in the explosion in St. Petersburg metro, including the alleged bomber. The epicenter of the explosion in the subway on the stretch between the “Sennaya square” and “Institute of Technology” day on April 3 was 22-the summer citizen of Kazakhstan Maxim Arishev.
In addition, investigators have reason to believe that identified two of the victims is 71-year-old Yuri Nalimov and 18-year-old Ksenia Milyukova, the report said.
The law enforcement source reports that a suicide bomber acted alone.
The man left an explosive device disguised as a fire extinguisher, at the metro station “Ploschad Vosstaniya”. This bomb did not work and were subsequently defused.
“Sitting in a subway car, the alleged perpetrator detonated an explosive device between the stations “Sennaya square” and “Institute of Technology”, – said the source.
According to him, the second man, who was suspected of involvement in the attack, voluntarily surrendered to police and declared his innocence.
Nevertheless, while he was working law enforcement officers.
The source noted that, previously, the power of the unexploded bombs was about 1 kilogram in a trotyl equivalent, capacity of an activated explosive device about 300 grams of TNT. Both explosive devices were stuffed with striking elements.
Earlier, the Russian TV channel published a photo of the second suspect in the terrorist attack in the metro of St. Petersburg.
Also, the media released photos of the suspect with an open face.
In addition, it was reported that the security services knew in advance about preparing a terrorist attack in St. Petersburg, they “led” the organizers, however, to prevent it succeeded only partially: one of the bombs was not powered.
So, information about preparation of a terrorist attack intelligence provided by the Russians who collaborated with the terrorist organization “Islamic state” and detained after returning from Syria. He knew some of the participants sent to the Russian subversive groups, but supported them with only a telephone connection.
The informant of the security services occupied the lowest rung in the hierarchy of militants, said the source.
The President of Russia Vladimir Putin laid flowers at the station of St. Petersburg metro station “Technological Institute”. By order of the Governor Georgy Poltavchenko in the city from Tuesday, April 4, announced three days of mourning in connection with the explosion in the subway.
In addition, Georgy Poltavchenko expressed confidence that the perpetrators of the explosion in the city metro on Monday will be detected and punished.
The President of the European Council Donald Tusk expressed his condolences to the victims of the explosion in St. Petersburg in the Russian language.
“My thoughts are with the victims of the explosion in the subway in St. Petersburg with their family and friends” — wrote the head of the European Council on Twitter.
The US President Donald trump called the leader of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin to Express condolences for the terrorist attack in the subway of St. Petersburg.
As reported April 3 in the subway in Saint Petersburg on the stretch between metro stations “Sennaya square” and “Institute of Technology” explosion. Another explosion at the station “Ploshchad rebellion”, was prevented thanks to the timely detection of the bomb.The Prosecutor General’s office called a state of emergency in the subway of Saint-Petersburg the attack.