Whether Putin’s Russia to privatize the victory in the Second world and again to rewrite history
May 8, 1945 Nazi Germany capitulated to allied forces. During the Second world war killed 8 to 10 million Ukrainians.
75 years separates us from the day of the historic victory over Nazism. But a different war continues. The war for the freedom of peoples and the rights of people. War for a just world order. The war against the new imperialism and chauvinism. The attempt of Russia to Ukraine is part of this war, which continues.
Whether Putin’s Russia to privatize the victory in the Second world and again to rewrite history? How to stop the hostile aggression against Ukraine, Europe, democracy and freedom? Are we able to establish a real and final peace in Europe?
This will be discussed in an online discussion of the Kiev security forum, devoted to the tragedy and lessons of World war II.
Participants of the online conversation:
- His Beatitude Sviatoslav, the head of the Ukrainian Greek-Catholic Church;
- Mrs. Vaira Vike-Freiberga, the sixth President of the Republic of Latvia;
- Mr Landsbergis, the father of the restored independence of Lithuania the first Independent Chairman of the Seimas of Lithuania;
- Mr. Jan Tombinski, Polish and European diplomat, the head of delegation of the European Union in Ukraine in the years 2012-16;
- Mr. Arseniy Yatsenyuk, Prime Minister of Ukraine in the years 2014-16 will be presented;
- Mr. Danylo Lubkivsky, Deputy Minister of foreign Affairs of Ukraine in 2014 – the moderator of the discussion.
Kyiv security forum is the leading international forum of Ukraine to discuss problems of peace and security. Founded in 2007.