Ukraine has completed harvesting of early grain and leguminous crops on the area of 9.6 million hectares (100%) and produced 37.3 million tons of grain. 15 areas showed the highest yield for the entire period of Ukraine’s independence. Also first recorded the highest yield of barley, rye and rapeseed, according to the Ministry of agrarian policy and food (the Ministry).
“Despite adverse weather conditions, the industry went to the high yields for some crops – the highest for years of independence. We maintain the forecasts for the harvest, which will completely ensure the food security of the state, and generates the resource for export, comparable to last year”, – said the first Deputy Minister of agrarian policy Maxim Martyniuk.
- Ukraine harvests: what will happen to the price of bread
So, by results of harvesting of early grain and leguminous harvested barley – 8.6 million tons with an average yield of 34.3 t/ha, harvested the rye – 471 thousand tons with an average yield of 28.3 t/ha, and harvested rapeseed – 2.1 mln tonnes of grains with the yield of 27.6 C/ha.
In the context of cultures as of 28 Aug collected:
- wheat – 26.6 million tons with an average yield of 41.8 q/ha;
- oats – 487 thousand tons with a yield of 25 t/ha;
- peas – 1.1 million tons with a yield of 26.7 t/ha;
- buckwheat – 41 thousand tons with an average yield of 10.8 t/ha;
- millet – 29 thousand tons with an average yield of 15.1 t/ha.
In addition, 15 regions showed the highest yield of grain and leguminous crops, including the TOP 5:
- Khmelnytskyi – 56,6 kg/ha;
- Ivano-Frankivsk – 52,1 kg/ha;
- Vinnytsia region – 50 kg / ha;
- Ternopil – 49,8 kg/ha;
- Chernivtsi – 48.8 t/ha.
In the Ministry reminded that last year farmers reached the highest of all industries profitability (31.6%) and in the current season, taking into account the gradual growth of world prices for agricultural products, there is reason to maintain a high profitability of agrarian business.
As reported, at the end of 2016/2017 marketing year Ukraine has established a new absolute record for grain exports of 43.9 million tons. The supply of corn was 20.7 mln tonnes, wheat – 17.5 million tons, barley – 5.4 million tons.