Red, irritated and tired eyes for the last time – a lot of almost all urban residents. The reasons may be different. Primarily, this is due to the fact that most of us spend a great deal of time at the computer. We work at the computer, having fun, communicate. The image on the monitor screen, of course, different from the usual image: it is a luminous, discrete, shimmering, font texts usually small, etc. and the fatigue that occurs after using the monitor, too specific. To indicate this state even introduced a new term — Computer Vision Syndrome (computer eye syndrome). His contribution to the development of computer vision syndrome, of course, makes the fact that when using the monitor for a long period remains the same type of load for the eyeballs, writes pk.kiev.ua.
But the fatigue of our eyes is not only continuous work at the computer, chronic fatigue and lack of sleep, but many other factors.
For example, the so-called “dry” eyes is a phenomenon that occurs when there is insufficient formation of tears. The reason can be fluctuations or hormonal changes. This may occur for objective reasons in perfectly healthy people, often women, after 40 years of age and in patients receiving various drugs that affect the hormonal status of man, and unfavorable environmental conditions.
Manifest dry eyes can foreign body sensation (“sand” in the eyes), as if there is something in the eye, as difficulty in opening the eyes, sudden attacks of watery eyes, a feeling of dryness in the eyes.
In the Arsenal of ophthalmic is an objective method to determine the amount allocated to the lacrimal fluid, the so — called Schirmer test. If this test is proved to cause eye fatigue was a lack of education of the lacrimal fluid, the doctor may recommend replacement therapy with artificial tears. These products do not contain medicinal active principles, and include only components that reproduce the composition of natural tears.
Cause inflammation and eye fatigue can be not only working with documents and computer but also cosmetics, cigarette smoke, strong or weak light, radiation, bright colors.
To restore vision it is necessary to leave the eyes alone, give them rest. To relieve fatigue and inflammation of the eyes, use the means at hand:
1) attach to the skin under the eyes pieces of ice or a towel soaked with cold water;
2) soak the eyelids with the juice of fresh cucumber;
3) attach to the eyes a compress of chamomile or normal tea;
4) alternately apply hot and cold cotton swabs soaked in tincture of sage (1 tsp to half a Cup of boiling water);
5) just a good night’s sleep.
There are also several simple exercises that can help relieve fatigue:
1. “Butterfly”. Often blinked. It turns out that in front of the monitor eyes lazy and stop blinking, and it damages our vision.
2. “Up and down”. Keep your head straight, do not throw back. Look straight ahead. Slowly raise your eyes to the ceiling, hold for a few seconds, then slowly lower it to the floor and hold it, too. Head during exercise remains stationary.
3. “The pendulum”. Keep your head straight, look ahead. Look left, then slowly move the view to the right. The head is fixed, work only eyes. During the exercise to monitor the state of the muscles of the eyeballs, not to strain them.
4. “Eight”. Keep your head straight, look ahead. Mentally imagine a horizontal figure eight (or infinity sign) maximum size within your face and gently describe her eyes. Repeat the exercise several times in one direction and then the other. After that often blinked.
5. “Dial”. Imagine in front of a large gold color dial, (scientists believe that this color helps to restore vision). Follow the circular movements of the eyeballs, leaving the head stationary.
6. “Pencil”. Take a pencil in your right hand and pull it, lifting the pencil at eye level. Look at the tip of a pencil and slowly allot a hand to the right, then left, seeing the subject of writing with the eyes, but without moving his head.
7. “Beautiful far”. Go to the window and look into the distance, then the tip of the nose – it trains the eye muscles. Repeat the exercise several times.
8. “Eyes wide shut”. Close your eyes and try to describe their imaginary circle, then a horizontal figure eight, then cross.
9. “Hide and seek”. Several times strongly zazhmurte, then just close your eyes and sit for 20-30 seconds.
10. Massage. In our ears there is a huge number of points through which can affect a particular organ. Thus, stimulating the earlobe, you indirectly affect vision.