The Department of consular service of the MFA of Ukraine issued a clarification, who may not be allowed in the European Union, despite the visa-free regime and the biometric passport. This is stated in the message of Department on the page in Facebook.
So, the Ukrainians could be denied entry to the EU on visa-free basis, provided that the citizen:
- is in the list of persons representing a threat to public order, public health or internal security;
- is in the list of persons whose entry in at least one EU country is prohibited;
- convicted in any country of the EU for offences which include a criminal penalty of imprisonment for at least one year;
- is the subject of the decision on expulsion from the country, was adopted in particular in cases of illegal stay;
- if there is evidence of involvement in criminal activities, or evidence of intent to engage in such activities;
- if not all required certifying the purpose of travel documents.
Previously the foreign Ministry explained details of the application “bezveze” with the EU. So, in the consular service Department assured that the agreement between Ukraine and the European Union on simplification of visas will be valid after the introduction of visa-free regime.
In turn , the state border service explained the terms bezveza for children. According to the recommendations of guards, travel to the countries of the European Union children also need to have a biometric passport.