The vast majority of the adult population from time to time suffers from headaches. Approximately 10% of people the pain associated with organic disease, while in 7% they are permanent. Often, the headache is a symptom of psychosomatic disorders, and very often is a form of the disorder, writes likar.info.
Psychosomatic pain usually appear as a result of stress factors, which affecting the nervous system can change the function and condition of the different organs and systems of the human body. As a result of stress changes heart rate, respiratory rate, vascular tone, function of the gastrointestinal tract and many more. As a result of these changes, you might the metabolic process, the change of brain blood circulation, increase the vibrational mobility of the vessels. Increased intracranial pressure, and this in turn leads to stimulation of pain receptors.
In some cases, there are psychosomatic headaches
– Headache can occur during a psychosomatic reaction to conflict or emotional trauma. Most of us are familiar with a headache appearing out of nowhere in moments of great excitement.
– Hostility, resentment and anger can replace the short-term headaches. Such pain can occur in response to overload, both physical and emotional, General fatigue, or amid the conflict relating to the recognition of significance. The trigger is often a situation in which the individual fails to achieve the desired social success.
– Depression can also cause headaches. Among other somatic complaints, headache usually dominates, in the case of masked and hidden depression. This may be caused by depression and exhaustion, which are typically three main stages: increased sensitivity and irritability, psychosomatic complaints, including a headache, and finally, exhaustion of the nervous system (syndrome of headache 2nd half of life).
Psychological significance of headaches
Headaches occur when the mental level is full. The pain itself acts as a method of discharge. Through the pain is a symbolic reflection of repressed human feelings. Many people associate pain with guilt and punishment. But, meanwhile, psychosomatic pain often leads to tension and anxiety, which maximizes its perception.
There are a number of features characteristic for people suffering from psychosomatic headaches. This is usually perfectionists, people who seek to do their work not just good, but perfect. They are characterized by such qualities as ambition, emotionalism, integrity, exaggerated responsibility, need for approval and recognition, as well as altruism, often accompanied by a sense of guilt for insufficient devotion to the ideas of altruism.
To help people with psychosomatic headaches, not enough painkillers, although they often ease the headache, at least temporarily. For a complete victory over pain such people have to go through inner conflict and get rid of the tension. Processing of internal conflict can be carried out in the framework of psychological counseling .
In order to remove the emotional factor which causes psychosomatic headaches, you must learn to be less susceptible to free themselves from the need for approval, to stop wanting to be liked by everyone and a little to lower the bar of requirements established in relation to itself.
How to help yourself to cope with a headache are psychosomatic in nature
– Don’t be afraid to Express their point of view, and do not try to adjust to someone to get approval. Not accumulate a negative emotions and experiences.
– Define the boundaries of their own possibilities. Not a sin to try to jump above his head, but every time I get to heaven is a difficult task, don’t blame yourself for what you failed to sprout wings. Work to the best of their ability and so that the work gave you pleasure.
Don’t try to please everyone. First, it is impossible, and second, you somehow have to deceive ourselves and to betray their interests.
– Try to tune in to positive thinking. If you are worried about something, do not dive into the abyss of regret and self-blame, think about how to organize their priorities differently and move towards a tangible goal. All the time.
Often find cause for smiles and laughter, not to withdraw into themselves and interact with people.
– Give vent to emotions, if you want to cry – cry. Many psychologists believe that crying is a good way to give stress an outlet. If you don’t want to cry, but the emotions you feel, try to scream really loud, cry, according to psychologists, does not give the worst yield stress.
– Due to the fact that the enslavement of the muscles is also one of the reasons for headaches, effective preventive measure can be relaxing and massage the neck and shoulders.