The level nutritional value of avocado is one of the first places among all plant foods. Pureed the flesh of the avocado is the primary ingredient in the Mexican dish guacamole. It can also be used to prepare various salads and fruit cocktails. This fruit not only has a pleasant and delicate taste, but also contains a complex of vitamins and healthy fats, which are present in large numbers, are easily absorbed by the body, says likar.info.
How to choose healthy avocado
But it’s not all useful properties, which has avocado. What else we may be interested in this fruit, which many mistaken for a vegetable?
– Avocado contains a large amount of healthy fats. Polyunsaturated fats, which are part of an avocado, lower your cholesterol, make our blood vessels more elastic, improves circulation and helps to normalize the functioning of the heart. People suffering from atherosclerosis, anemia, high blood pressure, this fruit is recommended to eat as often as possible.
– Avocado is rich in antioxidants. These elements protect the cells of our body from the harmful effects of free radicals, which accelerate aging, and most importantly, disrupt the function of the immune system.
– Composed of avocado a lot of vitamins. This fruit contains large amounts of various trace elements (potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium and copper) and especially there is a lot of important vitamins like A, C, B5, B6, and E.
– In avocado have protein. Unlike many other fruits, avocado contains protein. Of course, the amount of protein depends on the size of the fetus: approximately 100 grams of avocado will be 2 grams of protein.
– Avocado can be not only a food product. It is often used as an ingredient in various cosmetic masks and creams. Large amounts of vitamins A and E, which are found in avocado, a beneficial effect on the skin: improve skin color, smooth fine wrinkles, relieve minor inflammation, mute psoriasis and eczema.
– Avocado contains healthy fats. Vegetable oil or butter, which contribute to weight gain, you can easily replace the flesh of the avocado. It will also be a great alternative to fats that are traditionally used in cooking. For vegetarians avocado can partially replace meat and eggs.
– Avocado helps the absorption of nutrients. Many fruits and vegetables are digested much faster and better in combination with other products, and avocados is one of these “catalysts”. It goes well with bananas and dried fruits, and many vegetables, including celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, cabbage, sweet pepper, corn and carrots.
– Avocado is good for pregnant women. It contains folic acid which is necessary for the formation and development of the fetus. In addition, it prevents premature birth, and essential to relieve postpartum depression. So avocado can be called a “feminine” fruit.
– Avocados, like bananas, contains potassium, a mineral necessary for the correct regulation of water balance in the body. Potassium necessary for normal functioning of the liver, kidneys, endocrine glands, and improve muscle tone.