Today is the Annunciation. In the feast of the Annunciation, the Church recalls how the Holy virgin appeared the Archangel Gabriel and told that she will give birth to the son of God
Traditionally, this day began with Church services, which were whole families, dressed in fancy clothes. Also in the temple consecrated wafers that were previously stored for the images to be used as a healing agent.
What not to do in the Annunciation:
- In the Annunciation it is impossible to give anything from the house, especially to borrow money. It is believed that the way to give someone their health and well-being.
- It is believed that on what day of the week falls on 7 April, the day throughout the year you can’t start new businesses because they will not laditsya.
- In the Annunciation it is better not to wear new clothes – it’s either broken and stained so that it is not washed off.
- It is believed that the Annunciation cannot be cut, coloring and even combing the hair. The people thought that this can “confuse” your destiny.
- On this day not allowed to sew and knit, so as not to confuse your destiny.
- It is believed that the Annunciation is not to sow seeds or something to plant, the crop will be.
Earlier Today a website reported that most often, the Annunciation is celebrated on the days of lent. This holiday (if it is not in Holy week), fasting weakens and is allowed to fish. In 2017, the feast of the Annunciation is celebrated on the last day of the great lent, the eve of Lazarus Saturday and palm Sunday.