Under one leader none of the opposition will not unite, said the politician
Ukraine should be a broad opposition Association, which controls the power and does not allow to change the democratic and European agenda of Ukraine, said the Chairman of the Kiev security forum, the Prime Minister of Ukraine in the years 2014-16 will be presented Arseniy Yatsenyuk. He stated this during an online discussion.
He noted that today in Ukraine the opposition is “fragmented, unconnected, and in this case weak.”
Arseniy Yatsenyuk recalled how in 2012, was created by the United opposition, and after the parliamentary elections in that year it became the largest opposition faction along with two factions of the opposition, which took place in Parliament thanks to the Association.
“The time will come for the opposition to understand that no one leader to unite will not. Closed joint-stock company with CEO will not happen”, – he stressed.
“If we really are guided by the values of the Ukrainian European States and the struggle for tomorrow’s Ukraine, then the values should be broad opposition Union, which, on the one hand, controls the power, and with another – gives possibility to change the agenda Ukraine’s foreign policy and internal political. Democratic European Ukraine, which should go towards the correct market effective economic reforms and a strong and healthy democracy,” – said Yatsenyuk.
Participants in online discussions on 10 July were:
- Elena Kondratyuk, the politician, the Deputy Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, the founder and co-chair of the inter-faction Union “Equal opportunities”, people’s Deputy of Ukraine of VI-IX convocation;
- Volodymyr Lavrenchuk, economist, banker, Chairman of the Board of Raiffeisen Bank Aval in the years 2005-2019;
- Yuri Makarov, journalist, social activist, chief editor of Public television, Chairman of the Committee for the national prize named after Taras Shevchenko;
- Tomas Fiala, owner, General Director at Ukrainian investment company “Dragon Capital”, the President of the European Business Association;
- Arseniy Yatsenyuk, a politician and economist, Chairman of the Kyiv security forum and the Prime Minister of Ukraine in the years 2014-16 will be presented;
- Danylo Lubkivsky, diplomat, Deputy Minister of foreign Affairs of Ukraine in 2014, diplomatic adviser to the Prime Minister in the years 2015-16 and member of the Board of the Foundation “Open Ukraine”.