Talking of politicians, diplomats and experts will be dedicated to the crucial issues of Ukrainian-American relations
5 June at 15:00 will broadcast a new online discussion of the Kiev security forum, organized jointly with our partners from the Atlantic Council.
Talking of politicians, diplomats and experts will be dedicated to the crucial issues of Ukrainian-American relations.
24 may, in response to the initiative of the Kyiv security forum, dozens of well-known Ukrainian figures have signed an appealaddressed to politicorum and societies of both countries, regarding the importance of the protection of the Ukrainian-American strategic partnership against enemy provocation and disagreement.
The response to this appeal was a statement of seven former U.S. ambassadors to Ukraine with an appeal to counteract attempts to harm our partnership.
This exchange of messages – a unique bond across the Atlantic, which emphasizes our solidarity in the implementation of complex challenges.
- Who wants to undermine the partnership between Ukraine and the United States?
- Why in Ukraine, fomenting anti-Western sentiment?
- How to counter provocations of Moscow?
These issues will be the focus of our discussion, which are:
- John Herbst, US Ambassador to Ukraine 2003-06 years, Director of the Eurasia center Atlantic Council;
- Celeste Wallander, Advisor to the President of the United States for European and Eurasian Affairs in the years 2013-17, the Deputy Minister of defense of the United States on Ukraine, Russia and Eurasia in 2009-2012;
- Steven Pifer, the U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine in 1998-2000, senior researcher, Stanford University;
- William Taylor, the U.S. Ambassador in Ukraine in the years 2006-09 and temporary charge d’affaires of the USA in Ukraine in the years 2019-20, Vice-President of the Us Institute of peace;
- Ivanna klympush-Tsintsadze, the Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on issues of Ukraine’s integration with the European Union.
- Vitaly Portnikov, journalist and publicist;
- Arseniy Yatseniuk, Chairman of the Kyiv security forum, the Prime Minister of Ukraine in the years 2014-16 will be presented;
- Danylo Lubkivsky, Deputy foreign Minister of Ukraine (2014), member of the Board of the Foundation “Open Ukraine” (moderator).
Kyiv security forum is the leading international forum of Ukraine to discuss problems of peace and security. Founded in 2007.