How dangerous is watermelon: the causes of mass poisoning.

Poisoning watermelons so common that many are simply afraid to buy this delicious berry. Although good quality watermelon that was properly grown and properly stored, absolutely safe for health, according to

  • Inside nitrates

Poisoning usually occur for two reasons:

  • To stimulate the growth of plants misapplied nitrogen fertilizers, which has led to increased nitrate content in watermelon. Once in the human body, the nitrates pass into the more toxic nitrite.
  • As a result of improper storage in watermelon can accumulate disease-causing microorganisms. After all, the flesh of watermelon contains large amounts of easily digestible sugar and is a great breeding ground for them.
    • That hurts

    Signs of poisoning appear within 2-6 hours after eating the watermelon in the food. These include:

    • nausea, sometimes vomiting;
    • pain and spasms in the abdomen;
    • diarrhea;
    • fever;
    • weakness;
    • dizziness, headache.

    It’s main features. But if a strong poisoning watermelon the state is burdened more and signs of hypoxia – bluish lips and nail beds: the nitrates break the oxygen transport blood and tissue respiration.

    • First aid

    For poisoning a watermelon should immediately wash the stomach, take the treatment. You should drink as much as possible. This will not only protect the body from dehydration, but also helps eliminate toxins. You should not take painkillers and anti-diarrhea remedies, this is dangerous: they mask the true condition of the body and prevents the removal of toxins from the intestines.


    • The benefits and harms of grapes: who can not eat those berries

    If severe vomiting, persistent diarrhea, disruption of the cardiovascular system, the clouding of consciousness should immediately seek medical assistance.