After a two-week Dormition fast August 28, Orthodox Christians celebrate one of the twelve biggest holidays of the Church year is the Dormition of the blessed virgin. In people, this holiday is also called the assumption.
- Apple Spas: everything you need to know about this day
According to legend, on this day the apostles preached in different countries, gathered in Jerusalem to bid farewell and to make the burial of the virgin Mary, mother of Jesus Christ.
What not to do in the day of the assumption of the blessed virgin Mary:
- in this day one cannot work – neither in the garden nor house;
- it is impossible in this day to take up piercing and cutting items, and also cooking food. Believers break the bread, as the knife cannot be used – it is believed that this leads to a serious diseases;
- undesirable in this day to make a fire, so as not to attract different misfortune to the house;
- the assumption should not walk barefoot – it was considered that it is possible to collect all of the disease, as the dew on this day is the tears of nature that the mother of God left this world and cannot be with people and help them;
- it is impossible to quarrel with family and friends;
- young girls on 28 August to cut their hair and throw them away. Thus they can “to bring the tears of the virgin Mary”;
- you can’t wear old or uncomfortable shoes – to avoid problems in life: if you RUB your feet on this day, it will be difficult, full of problems and misfortunes of life.