In the night from 24 to 25 February in the early morning of the night from two directions of the Azerbaijani-Karabakh border — southeastern (Martuni) and Eastern (Akna) — Azerbaijan made an attempt of attack, using the appropriate equipment and special tools. According to the official report of the Ministry of defense of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic vanguard units of the NKR defense Forces with guns video surveillance in both directions in time discovered the advancing Azerbaijani forces and threw them back. The Azerbaijani side suffered losses. “As a result of retaliatory action of the advanced forces of the army, the enemy suffered losses, there are also wounded. A few bodies are in the neutral zone. From the Armenian side killed and wounded”, — stated in the message.
At the same time, according to reliable data, transferred to the corresponding structures of the NKR defense Army, in the East is seen moving manpower and military equipment of the enemy.
The Ministry of defense of Azerbaijan confirmed that there had been heavy fighting, and the Azerbaijani side suffered losses. However, the defense Ministry of Azerbaijan claimed that the Armenian side allegedly attempted to attack in the direction of Martuni, Fizuli, to “take a favorable position”.
In response to accusations by the Azerbaijani side NKR defense Ministry said that it has nothing to do with reality, at the same time asking, “how can the defending party to leave the corpses on neutral territory?”
Pay attention to the fact that the possibility of rising tensions on the Azerbaijani-Karabakh border recently mentioned twice in the statements of Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan last week, the Congress of the Union of volunteers Yerkrapah, and during a visit to the Ministry of defense of Armenia. He said that during the parliamentary elections in Armenia and Azerbaijan can go on new provocations.
The co-chairs of the OSCE Minsk group made a statement about the new collision on February 25 in the Karabakh conflict zone, which caused human casualties. They urged parties to the conflict to uphold approached the border military vehicles in the places of permanent deployment “to allow for the bodies, as had been arranged the day before with the mediation of the special representative of the OSCE Chairman”. The co-chairs remind the parties of their obligation to refrain from the use of force.
One reason for the border tension might be a constitutional referendum in the NKR, a visit to Karabakh on the part of more than one hundred foreigners, MEPs, representatives of the United States, many European countries, Russia and so on.
This causes that brought Aliyev to hysteria. As if Aliyev had not joined the “black list” of foreigners visiting Artsakh (Karabakh), it is still obvious that the visit of at least a hundred people in Artsakh is, though small, but solid step towards the international recognition of the NKR.
Armenia needs to carry out the state policy in this direction. It is high time that official Yerevan worked with the international society towards international recognition of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic.
Recent years have proved that Aliyev is not a negotiator, it does not perform any of the assumed obligations. Instead, it has a destructive policy, following the tactics of sabotage and aggressive policy of blackmail against the international community.
In these circumstances, nothing remains to achieve international recognition of NKR independence.
Alas, even this can not guarantee that war will not happen, moreover, that the probability of war is increasing day by day. However, if the probability of war is somehow big, it is necessary to move towards international recognition. Stay in place in a situation when no negotiation, no peace will be all the more difficult.
And after the April war, so far, the Armenian side has certain privileges.