Children’s population of Ukraine is shrinking at an alarming rate

In Ukraine during the years of independence the population of children is declining at an alarming rate, decreasing by almost half, according to UKRINFORM.

“Today the statistics are disappointing. During the years of independence, the child population decreased by almost 2 times and now stands at 7.6 million,” – said in the Kherson representative of the President of Ukraine for children’s rights Mykola Kuleba during a speech at the conference “Healing the family, building the future”.

Kuleba noted that Ukraine is now ranked 186 in the world in the birth rate and 13th in the world in terms of extinction of the nation.

Almost 106 thousand, or 1.5% of the total child population of the country live and are brought up in boarding schools, but only 8% of them are orphans and the remaining 92% have parents.

Every day 250 children are admitted to institutional care primarily because of poverty and inability of a family to give necessary baby.

At least 600 thousand of children live in dysfunctional families, and they are, in fact, “standing in line” to get into a boarding school.

We will remind, in two different districts of Kyiv region on 27 January there was a mass poisoning of children.