The draft resolution of the Cabinet on the monetization of subsidies developed by the Ministry of Finance has already been finalized and approved by the governmental Committee and submitted for public discussion. About it reports a press-service of the Ministry in Facebook.
Key provisions of the decision on the monetization of subsidies:
- to cancel clearing transactions on subsidies;
- to establish direct settlements with legal entities – providers of utility services;
- to transfer the subsidy directly under the actual consumption of resources, and not assessed subsidies;
- use of subsidy solely on the calculations for the supplied resources and payment of tax liabilities to the budget;
- enter “automatic” financing of the subsidy according to the monthly painting;
- to exclude manual intervention in the calculations with entities.
“The need to move from outdated and inefficient model for the provision of subsidies to their monetization and targeting – has long been overdue. And finally, we were able to develop an effective monetization model that would promote energy efficiency and ensuring payment discipline, and will also be easy to implement and administer,” said Deputy Finance Minister Sergei Marchenko.
- Payments for the cost of “communal” in Ukraine will have to wait until October
The results of the public discussion the draft decree will be submitted to the government for consideration and, if approved, from 1 January 2018 in Ukraine starts the process of monetization of subsidies, the enterprises of housing and communal services.
We will remind, the Vice-Prime Minister Pavlo Rozenko said that 2 million Ukrainian families will benefit from the monetization of subsidies, savings from reducing consumption of electricity and gas.