What diseases are transmitted through kissing: scientists warn about the danger

The doctors found that in addition to herpes there are more than a dozen diseases transmitted from person to person through kissing, according to med2.ru.

So, let’s look at the main ones:

  • Infectious mononucleosis

Once in the body with the saliva of an infected person, the virus triggers raising the temperature to 39-40 degrees, which lasts about 10-14 days. In this patient strongly increased cervical lymph nodes, swollen throat, stuffy nose. Another symptom of mononucleosis, pain in the abdomen caused by enlargement of the spleen and liver (in many patients, yellow skin and urine becomes dark, as in jaundice). The severe form of this disease can result in a ruptured spleen, Central nervous system, the development of hepatitis or pneumonia.

  • Salivary gland disease

Very suspect in his salivary gland disease is almost impossible – it is very similar to acute respiratory infections or colds. Usually, the disease is manifested by fever, runny nose, sore throat and swollen lymph nodes. However, disguised as a virus OCR does not recede within 1-1,5 months, and that should be alerted. And men, salivary gland disease are asymptomatic, while women most often settles in the urogenital system, causing inflammation of the cervix or vagina.

  • Peptic ulcer disease

30% “ulcer” disease may be asymptomatic. The remaining 70% experiencing severe pain under left ribs immediately after a meal or 30-60 minutes after a meal. However, for peptic ulcer disease is characterized by pain and hunger arising fasting and going after the meal.


  • Deodorants can cause serious disease, British scientists

Of course, do not be afraid to kiss his regular partner. But still, if you just someone I met, think twice before you kiss.