In the Karelian town of Sortavala pick up the cat substation caused a short circuit, in which a large part of the village was de-energized. This is stated in the message published on the website of JSC “prionezhskaya Setevaya Kompaniya”.
According to the report, the incident occurred on 13 February at 9:15 local time. Dead was the settlement of railroad workers, boiler room, kindergarten and a bakery.
As said the company “TASS” a total of more than 2 thousand people.
At the scene went operational group of repair engineers. “How do I find the repairmen, the cause of the problem was the cat that broke into a city substation and caused a short circuit”, – underlined in the message.
The damage was fixed by 10 am.