June 11: what a holiday today, what not to do and signs of the day
Learn about the most important holidays and events June 11 in history
the editor of the section Events
What a holiday today, June 11?
King Kamehameha day in Hawaii, the birthday of Prince Henrik in Denmark, the feast of the Body and blood of Christ – Catholics, the day of memory of Theodosia of Constantinople, of blessed John, fool-for-Christ, Mother of God “surety of Sinners”, “the Watchful eye” – in the Orthodox calendar, Feodosia Croatica – in the national calendar. Celebrate the name-day: Alexander, Andrey, Bogdan, Ivan, Luca, Maria, Faina, Fedot.
Today.Lifestyle writing, which the Orthodox holiday of Ukrainians 11 Jun 2020. In addition, we tell about the most interesting and important events that happened in history on this day, as well as about the main signs for June 11.
June 11: what a holiday today Photo: pexels
- King Kamehameha Day
in America, the holiday is celebrated in honor of the first king of Hawaii.
- Birthday of Prince Henrik
this holiday has been celebrated in Denmark.
- Student’s day (Student’s Day)
– it is noted in Honduras.
- The feast of the Body and blood of Christ (Corpus Christi)
– Western Christians annually on Thursday after Trinity celebrates the Holy Eucharist (the sacrament of communion).
What a holiday today
On 11 June the Orthodox Church celebrates day of memory of virgin Martyr Theodosia of Constantinople, of blessed John, fool-for-Christ, Ustiug, the uncovering of the relics of St. job, in the schema of the Jesus of Anzersk. Also on June 11 celebrated the mother of God “surety of Sinners” and “the Watchful eye”.
The people on 11 June honored Feodosia Croatica. It was believed that this day begins ear of rye, and the first porcini mushrooms.
Signs on June 11
- If Theodosius, the dry mist is a bad harvest of grain.
- Rye spikes, there will be plenty of mushrooms.
- If the weather is hot, no mushrooms to find.
- If rye spikes – it’s time to sow buckwheat.
Watch video about days off-2020 in Ukraine:
Interesting and important events in Ukraine and the world
- 1742 – birthday of the cooker.
- 1842 – published poem by Nikolai Gogol “Dead souls”.
- 1888 – in Kiev opened the monument to Bogdan Khmelnitsky.
- 1889 – birthday of folding chairs.
- 1913 – opened in Kiev all-Russian agricultural exhibition.
- 1921 – in the USSR declared fight against homelessness.
- 1965 – The Beatles received the order of the British Empire.
- 1990 – Ukraine was established the second time zone.
Who was born June 11,
- 1864 – Richard Strauss, German composer and conductor.
- 1910 – Jacques-Yves Cousteau, French oceanographer, naturalist, and traveler.
- 1969 – Peter Dinklage, American actor.
- 1970 – Alexander Litvinov (Venya D’rkin), Ukrainian rock singer.
Earlier we have published the calendar of days and holidays in June 2020 in Ukraine.